Cleaning your microfiber recliner is a cinch!
Keep it looking good and smelling fresh when you follow these simple steps to clean your microfiber recliner and keep it looking like new. Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
How To Clean Microfiber Recliner – Step-By-Step Guide
- Preparing the Recliner for Cleaning: Remove any loose items from the microfiber recliner, such as cushions and fabrics. Vacuum the area to remove any dirt and dust buildup.
- Vacuuming the Microfiber Recliner: Use a vacuum attachment to gently remove dirt from the recliner’s surface. Move slowly across each section of the recliner until all areas have been vacuumed. Make sure not to use too much force when vacuuming, as this can damage the microfiber material.
- Spot-Cleaning Stains: Using a soft cloth or sponge, gently blot at stains with a mild cleaning solution or water and mild dish soap mixed together. Move in a circular motion to ensure that all stains are properly treated, then repeat this process until the stain has been removed.
- Deep Cleaning with Soap and Water: Mix one part mild dish soap with one part warm water in a clean bucket or bowl. Dip a soft cloth or sponge into the solution and wring it out so that it is damp but not dripping wet. Gently scrub each section of the microfiber recliner in small circles until all areas have been thoroughly cleaned, then rinse away any soap residue with a damp cloth .
- How to Dry the Microfiber Recliner: Once all sections of the recliner have been deep-cleaned, let them air dry completely before using them again.. To speed up drying time, you could use an old towel to pat down each section and absorb excess moisture left behind by cleaning solutions
Tips and Hacks for Maintaining a Microfiber Recliner:
Let’s face it – no one wants to be caught up in the tedious task of regularly cleaning and maintaining a recliner. Fortunately, there are some tips and
- Regular Vacuuming: Regularly vacuuming the microfiber recliner, using a soft brush attachment, helps keep dirt and dust buildup at bay. This should be done weekly or bi-weekly to ensure that the material remains clean and undamaged.
- Spot-Cleaning Stains Quickly: The best way to treat stains on a microfiber recliner is to act quickly when they occur. Blot at the stain with a soft cloth or sponge moistened with mild cleaning solution or water mixed with mild dish soap until the stain has been removed.
- Avoiding Sun Damage: Exposure to sunlight for long periods of time can cause fading and discoloration of fabric materials such as microfiber, so it’s important to make sure that your recliner is not subjected to prolonged direct sunlight. Move curtains or blinds if necessary, and place an area rug over the recliner during hotter months if possible.
- Protect From Pets and Children: Microfiber can easily become stained by things like pet fur and spills from children, so it’s important to take extra measures when protecting it from these types of damages. Choose fabrics such as slipcovers and throws that are easily washable in case of accidents, and make sure that pets have their own designated areas away from furniture if possible.
- Carefully Select Cleaning Solutions: When selecting cleaning solutions for your microfiber recliner, make sure to choose ones that are specifically designed for this type of material, such as fabric cleaners created for use on delicate fabrics like velvet and silk. Avoid using harsh chemicals such as bleach or ammonia which can damage the fibers over time, leaving them weak and prone to further damage from wear and tear
What is the best way to clean microfiber furniture?
Microfiber furniture is a popular choice for its soft texture and durability, however, it requires special cleaning techniques to keep it looking new.
The best way to clean microfiber furniture is to spot clean by gently blotting the area with a damp cloth and using a mild detergent or upholstery cleaner. Afterward, be sure to rinse and dry the area completely before using the furniture again.
Video Guide: Cleaning Microfiber Recliners and Other Furniture
How do you clean a microfiber suede recliner?
Cleaning and maintaining a microfiber recliner can seem daunting but it doesn’t have to be. With the right tools and techniques, you can easily keep your microfiber recliner looking like new for years to come.
Regularly vacuum the surface, spot clean any stains quickly and thoroughly, and protect your recliner from sunlight, pets, and children.
Be sure to select the right cleaning solutions for the material, and follow a video guide if you’re ever in doubt. With these tips, your microfiber reclining sofa will look and feel as good as new!