Buying the best recliner chair is a must-have for people that suffer from back pain and joint stiffness due to ankylosing spondylitis (AS). It is an inflammatory disease that causes fusion of the spine bone, resulting in less flexibility of the spine and hunched posture, which adversely affects the quality of relaxation and sitting time.
However, the best recliner for ankylosing spondylitis can help you win the battle. In this buying guide, we compared 30 different recliner models to determine the best for people with ankylosing spondylitis.
Each of our listed chairs had excellent back support and met our other requirements for what a great ergonomic recliner chair should have.
Table of Contents
At A Glance: 5 Best Recliner For Ankylosing Spondylitis
For those who are in a hurry, here’s an overview of the best recliner chairs for ankylosing spondylitis.
- 1. Ashley Yandel Power Lift Recliner – Best Recliner For Ankylosing Spondylitis (Top Pick)
- 2. Mcombo Massage Lift Recliner – Best Massage Recliner For Ankylosing Spondylitis (Runner Up)
- 3. Homal Recliner Chair – Best Affordable Recliner Chair For Ankylosing Spondylitis (Affordable Pick)
- 4. Magic Union Power Lift Recliner Chair Review
- 5. Mcombo Recliner with Ottoman Review
Are Recliners Good For Ankylosing Spondylitis
Many people who have a chronic condition like ankylosing spondylitis wonder, “Are recliners good for ankylosing spondylitis?”
Well, you will be glad to know that a recliner chair can prove helpful in easing your symptoms. However, it is important to remember some safety precautions and important factors regarding reclining.
The researchers found that reclining at an angle of 135 degrees reduces pressure on the spine. Sitting comfortably in a comfortable recliner with adequate back support may also reduce inflammation in your joints and keep your spine aligned. However, slouching in a recliner chair with poor posture can aggravate the condition.
Reviews For Best Recliner Chair For Ankylosing Spondylitis
1. Ashley Power Lift Recliner – Best Recliner For Ankylosing Spondylitis (Top Pick)
- A saddle brown or black poly-fiber faux leather upholstery covers the recliner.
- This chair features a high back, thick cushions, a corner-block frame, and a metal reinforced seat to ensure long-lasting durability.
- It’s a dual motor power recliner where the reclining positions and footrest elevation can be adjusted independently.
- It features lift assistance, making it easy for people with back problems to get into and out of the chair.
- Its mechanism can be operated by simply touching the remote control buttons.
What We Think About This Product
Overview: Our top choice for the best recliner chair for ankylosing spondylitis is an Ashley recliner chair, a well-known brand that makes high-quality and comfortable furnishings.
It features a lift mechanism that relieves people with ankylosing spondylitis symptoms. The lift function makes standing easier without putting pressure on the spine.
Its exceptional comfort and quality make it the ideal recliner for those with lower back pain.This is because of its high back and thick cushioned surface, ensuring proper spinal alignment while sitting back in it and relaxing.
The chair also offers a smooth range of reclining mechanisms and convenient adjustability. The remote control makes controlling all functions of this power lift recliner chair a breeze. With just a touch of a button, the user can find his comfortable position.
Moreover, the chair is powered by dual motors, which gives the ability to control the chair’s recline and footrest elevation independently.
Final Words: The Ashley Yandel power lift recliner is one of the most effective recliners we reviewed.
Aside from its excellent features, this chair offers comfort and durability, so choosing this chair means choosing the path to an incredible sitting experience.
2. Mcombo Massage Lift Recliner – Best Massage Recliner For Ankylosing Spondylitis (Runner Up)
- This recliner chair is covered in high-quality faux leather, which provides superior comfort and aesthetic appeal.
- With its counterbalanced lift mechanism, the whole chair rises to assist the user in standing up easily without adding stress to the back or knees.
- The chair is also equipped with a smooth reclining feature, controlled by a remote control which can also be used to adjust the lift feature.
- It comes with a heat and massage feature, which soothes the tension in the body.
- It has a 320-lb weight capacity and is constructed of sturdy metal.
What We Think About This Product
Overview: The second best recliner for ankylosing spondylitis is the Mcombo power lift recliner with a stylish and comfortable design.
Like our top pick (Ashley Recliner), I appreciate that this recliner also offers a smooth range of reclining mechanisms with a lift mechanism to facilitate standing without further strain on joints or bones in the spine.
Among the features of this recliner that you’ll also love is its massage and heat therapy. The chair features 8 vibration massage points around the chair and 1 lumbar heating point to reduce pressure on the lower back.
A further benefit of this massage recliner chair is that it has 2 remote controls. One remote operates the lift and recline function, and the other operates the heating and massage functions.
Final Thoughts: In addition to having all of the comfortable and essential features of a recliner chair, this Mcombo lift recliner is ideal for those with back pain.
It also offers a massage function that effectively reduces symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis.
3. Homal Recliner Chair – Best Affordable Recliner Chair For Ankylosing Spondylitis (Affordable Pick)
- This chair is made from high quality faux leather, which is comfy and easy to clean.
- It features a thickly padded seat for better back support.
- It has a push-back design and can be adjusted into three different reclining positions.
- It is made out of a highly durable steel frame, which is long-lasting.
What We Think About This Product
The Homal recliner chair is an excellent option for those looking for the best recliner for ankylosing spondylitis at a reasonable price.
This recliner offers three-way reclining positions that you can adjust from 90 to 180 degrees for a comfortable lounging experience. This manual recliner allows you to recline according to your preferences with its push-back mechanism effortlessly.
This recliner has many good reviews on Amazon, which ensures its effectiveness within the budget of around 100 dollars. It also has a sturdy steel frame and thick padding for a more stable reclining experience.
While reclining, the footrest props up to lean back and elevate your leg comfortably. It is helpful for people with ankylosing spondylitis, too, as raising their legs will relieve pressure from their spine and improve blood circulation.
Final Thoughts: Homal recliner chair is an excellent option for people who suffer from ankylosing spondylitis and need a chair that provides additional comfort and modern features at an affordable price.
So, it makes a wise investment on this account.
4. Magic Union Power Lift Chair Review
- This recliner sofa has a sturdy wooden frame and is upholstered in faux leather that feels great to touch.
- This chair has a power lift mechanism that helps you stand up from a seated position with ease.
- This chair reclines smoothly, and a convenient remote control makes it easy to adjust the angle.
- It features 4 massage points for the legs, lumbar region, back, and heat for the lumbar area.
What We Think About This Product
Overview: The Magic Union manual lift recliner is a great option for anyone looking for a high-quality lift chair that isn’t expensive. It has a multi-function feature, making it yet another best recliner for ankylosing spondylitis.
This recliner has a single motor option that allows you to choose between three reclining positions ranging from 45 to 150 degrees and customize, including the reclined TV option and the lifting mode. This massage recliner has heating and massage options as well.
This chair can soothe the lower back muscles with its 8 vibration points and lumbar heating. With its 2 remote controls, this recliner’s features are easy to use.
Final Thoughts: Compared with our top picks for power recliners, this chair also provides superior value for the money.
Therefore, buying this recliner would also be wise since it ticks all the boxes of comfort, durability, and features.
5. Mcombo Recliner with Ottoman Review
- The chair backrest has thick padding and smooth lines upholstered in faux leather, making it very comfortable.
- A 360-degree swivel base makes swiveling easy, and its reclining mechanism lets you adjust it from 110 to 140 degrees.
- This chair offers three different positions for massaging the back, lumbar area, thighs, and five different intensity settings based on changing the mode and node.
- It is designed to support up to 330 lbs with a high-quality wood base and sturdy design.
What We Think About This Product
Overview: The fifth and last best recliner for ankylosing spondylitis is the Mcombo massage recliner with an ottoman which makes a lovely addition to your living room.
There are five major human needs that the Mcombo lounge chair series can fulfill. Among them are computer use, watching television, listening to music, reading, and resting.
You can easily adjust the reclining angle with the chair’s reclining lever. Once you find the correct reclining angle, the chair’s thickly padded backrest makes it comfortable and ensures proper spine alignment.
The chair also comes with an adjustable massage option which one can use with ease via remote control to control massage strength from weak to strong by changing the massage mode and node. A handy remote controls the massage part of the recliner.
Another unique aspect of this massage chair is its ottoman for resting your feet instead of a footrest.
Final Thoughts: Those looking for an aesthetic, modern recliner with all the functionalities necessary to ease the symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis will also find this chair suitable.
Its massage feature and ottoman addition are two features that most buyers like after purchasing this recliner.
Best Recliner For Ankylosing Spondylitis – Buyer’s Guide
Choosing the best recliner for ankylosing spondylitis symptoms can be a difficult task. The reason for this is that you need to consider many factors. This includes the material used, its durability, the design, the features, and the manufacturer.
That’s why we have created this buying guide for you to help you make an informed decision while choosing one of the best recliners.
Material Of A Recliner
The material used to make a recliner should be comfortable, durable, and easy to clean. Moreover, the reclining chair you choose should be able to support the weight of the person sitting on it.
The durable material will last for a long time and provide you with the support you need when sitting on it.
If the recliner chair has a washable cover, such as leather upholstery, it is a plus. Leather is easier to clean and will keep your furniture looking clean.
Design Of A Recliner
The design of a recliner should be ergonomic. Consequently, you should make sure that it is comfortable to sit on. The reclining chair should be able to support your back and keep your spine in a good position. Lastly, the chair should be able to accommodate your feet when you are sitting on it.
In addition to its design, a recliner’s style and appearance should be considered, just like the recliner that we recommended above.
There are certain features of a recliner that will help you get the comfort you need. Unlike other chairs, the best recliners can provide you with your support. That’s because the recliner allows the body to rest in the correct position.
Moreover, it can also relax your body by providing a massage feature. The massage feature may be controlled by remote control or manually.
A recliner with remote control such as a power lift recliner will be more convenient to use than one that is manually operated.
Best Recliner Chair For Ankylosing Spondylitis – Conclusion
We conclude the article by listing and ranking the 5 best recliner for ankylosing spondylitis. Each product is organized with an in-depth review, along with pros and cons and our final thoughts. They are also ranked and categorized by price range, brand name, and customer service to help you choose the best recliner for your specific needs.
I hope you have found this information helpful in searching for a comfortable recliner that will make your relaxing and investment rewarding.
How To Sit In A Recliner With Ankylosing Spondylitis?
To comfortably sit in a recliner with ankylosing spondylitis, make sure you choose a recliner chair with excellent back support. Moreover, a recliner with smooth reclining positions and easy to adjust plays its own role as you can adjust the reclining position in a way you want for safe, prolonged sitting.
How Is Recliner Good For Ankylosing Spondylitis
The severity of ankylosing spondylitis varies from person to person. It is a mild condition for some, while for some, it can be a severe condition as it is an incurable condition. Some people who have ankylosing spondylitis may not even need a recliner chair. This is because the symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis may be controlled with the proper medications.
However, I still recommend using a comfortable recliner, ideally with additional comforts such as those mentioned above.
Sitting on your back while reclining is excellent for easing ankylosing spondylitis symptoms.
Is It Good To Sleep In A Recliner With Ankylosing Spondylitis?
Many people who have ankylosing spondylitis have a hard time relaxing and sleeping. In such scenarios, sleeping on your back with a comfortable recliner can be the best solution. This is because sleeping on your back in a recliner keeps the natural curvature of your spine.
If you feel discomfort or lack of support then using additional pillows or specially designed lumbar pillows is highly recommended for better sleep in a recliner.