One of the most frustrating aspects of dealing with a bulging, slipping, or herniated disc is being unable to find a comfortable position to rest in.
The good news is that having the best recliner for herniated disc reduces discomfort and painful sensations because it ensures proper spinal alignment that eliminates aching symptoms.
This raises the question of what type of recliner is best for a herniated disc.
That’s where we step in. We conducted extensive research on 27 different models to define the top 5 best recliner chairs for herniated discs. Each recliner is ranked according to its features, price, and credibility, but most importantly, how well it supports your upper and lower back to reduce pain.
So, let’s find out what makes the best recliner for a herniated disc and how to find one that works best for you.
Table of Contents
At A Glance: Best Recliner Chair For Herniated Disc Symptoms
- 1. Mcombo Power Lift Recliner – Best Rated Recliner For Herniated Disc (Top Pick)
- 2. Magic Union Power Lift Chair – Best Massage Recliner For Herniated Disc (Better Value)
- 3. Homall Recliner Chair – Best Affordable Recliner For Herniated Disc (Affordable Pick)
- 4. Irene House Dual OKIN Motor Lift Chair – Recliner With Independent Control (Advance Features)
- 5. Mecor Massage Recliner Chair – Best Manual Recliner For Herniated Disc
Reviews For Best Herniated Disc Recliner
1. Mcombo Power Lift Recliner – Best Recliner For Herniated Disc (Top Pick)
- It is upholstered with faux leather that provides superior comfort and aesthetics.
- It has a power lift that allows easy standing without stressing the back or lower body.
- It has a reclining mechanism that you can adjust in 3 different positions.
- The chair comes with whole-body vibration massage and lumbar heating for soothing your joints and overall body.
- This massage chair has two remote controls that enable the user to adjust the reclining, lifting, and massaging features with the touch of a button.
- It has convenient features such as a USB charging port, cup holders, and storage pockets.
What We Think About This Product
Overview: The best recliner to ease herniated discs needs to provide modern features as well as a comfortable backrest that supports the spine.
Fortunately, the Mcombo power lift recliner ticks all the boxes and ranks at the top of our list. This comfortable recliner is covered in stylish faux leather for increased comfort and instant pressure relief.
What Stands Out About Mcombo Recliner? The chair can be raised into a standing position to aid people with herniated discs in getting in and out of the chair. In addition, it can be used in an upright position or reclining position to meet the preferences of a seated person for a healthier reclining position.
This recliner comes with two separate remote controls that allow the user to control the chair’s features with the touch of a button.
- One remote is used to adjust the lift and recline feature smoothly.
- While the other remote controls the quality of massage and heat function, which the user can adjust the intensity for the massage therapy that most suits their back muscles.
Therefore, buying this massage recliner will help alleviate painful symptoms rather than making them excruciating.
2. Magic Union Power Lift Chair – Best Massage Recliner For Herniated Disc (Better Value)
- The chair possesses a solid wooden frame upholstered in premium faux leather.
- This chair is equipped with a power lift assistant to allow users to stand easily without straining their bodies.
- The chair offers a smooth reclining position and a comfortable footrest to elevate your legs.
- This massage chair has 8 massage points, 5 focus areas, and a heating function for your comfort.
- The chair can be controlled by two remote controls, making it very convenient to use.
What We Think About This Product
Overview: We recommend this best reclining chair for herniated disc, which is a Power Union lift recliner that won’t break the bank to fit your needs.
This model offers almost all the features found in our top pick and is also very cost-effective. Its premium leather upholstery and thickly padded backrest provide proper spinal alignment for those who suffer from herniated or slipped discs.
What makes it a good choice? I love that this power lift recliner offers various reclining positions (150 to 45°) for finding a better relaxing angle, a lift feature that can be customized for standing easily.
Furthermore, the price tag on this chair isn’t overly expensive and yet provides up-to-par heat and massage functions. It has 8 vibration points that focus on four areas of massage (leg, tight, lumbar, back), and you can customize the intensity level to suit your preferences so that your back feels comfortable.
Thus, by purchasing this recliner, you get a luxury piece of furniture for your living room at a reasonable price that you can use for a long time.
3. Homall Recliner Chair – Best Affordable Recliner For Herniated Disc (Affordable Pick)
- The recliner is made of high-quality PU leather that is skin-friendly and easy to clean.
- It is a three-way reclining chair with a push-back mechanism that allows it to be adjusted into various positions.
- The single recliner sofa is supported by four sturdy feet featuring non-marking pads, which effectively protect the sofa and hardwood floors.
- It has a highly durable steel frame that can support 265 lbs.
What We Think About This Product
Overview: Are you trying to find the best recliner for spinal issues that do not cost much but offers excellent value in terms of comfort and durability? If so, then consider this Homal recliner chair.
This recliner chair provides a smooth range of motion in addition to its affordable price tag. It allows the user to recline the chair to 190 degrees with its push-back mechanism as this is a manual recliner, not a power one.
Further, when the herniated disc patient reclines in this chair, the footrest, which is equally padded as the seat back, is raised higher to elevate the legs.
What do I love? I love that this chair offers a space-saving design. That means that the chair is easy to move around the house compared to other best recliners on the list.
Another significant aspect of this chair is that it is one of the best sellers on Amazon with more than 13k reviews and costs around $100.
Therefore, it would make a perfect recliner for anyone looking for a simple chair with additional features and reliable support.
5. Mecor Massage Recliner Chair – Best Manual Recliner For Herniated Disc
- The chair is made of high-quality PU leather which is supple and easy to clean.
- It is a multifunctional chair that offers reclining, rocking, massage, heated, and 360-degree swiveling features.
- The chair’s reclining mechanism is operated by pulling the ring, while the remote control can adjust heat and massage settings.
- It includes convenient features such as two cup holders on the recliner’s armrest and two side pockets.
Overview: This Mecor massage recliner is excellent for people with herniated discs, hip problems, or back pain symptoms. Among the reasons is its well-padded backrest and headrest, which provide optimal spinal positioning.
How are its features helpful? This recliner chair offers a wide range of motion. It comes with a high-quality swivel base that allows the chair to rotate to a full circle. When it comes to reclining, the chair can be adjusted up to 160 degrees using a pull ring.
This recliner also comes with a heat and massage feature, which relieves the painful symptoms of back pain caused by a herniated disc. The wired remote can control the heat and the massage features according to a person’s preferences.
Having this massage chair ensures long-term service since it is upholstered with premium PU leather and features a high-quality metal frame, so you can relax in it even after healing from a herniated disc.
4. Irene House Dual OKIN Motor Lift Chair – Recliner With Independent Control (Advance Features)
- This chair is designed with a metal frame that is padded with a dense sponge to ensure long-term durability.
- This chair comes with an extra lumbar pillow and a wide backrest that ensures proper upper and lower back support.
- It is a dual motor chair that allows the seated person to relax in infinite positions while independently controlling reclining and footrest elevation.
- It features smooth lift assistance for easy standing.
- All the recliner features are easy to control with the remote control.
What We Think About This Product
Overview: The last model which deserves to be called the best recliner for herniated disc is the Irene House dual-motor recliner chair.
The recliner has a comfortable backrest that follows your spine’s natural curve. It also comes with a lumbar pillow to support your lower back while relieving the painful symptoms.
What Makes It Unique? A unique feature of this recliner chair is its dual Okin motors, which allow you to adjust the reclining positions and the footrest elevation independently, as opposed to other recliners.
This chair’s backrest can also be reclined to any angle between 105 and 180 degrees. It also features a lift mechanism to make standing up easier without placing pressure on the back. All its features are easy to control with its remote control.
Therefore, choosing this chair is an excellent decision since it is classic, stylish, and extremely comfortable, resulting in optimal weight distribution and a reduced strain on the herniated disc.
Best Recliner Sofa Herniated Disc – Buyer’s Guide
Choosing the best living room chair for a herniated disc can be a daunting task. With the increasing number of recliner models on the market, it can be hard to find the one that best suits your needs.
Therefore, consider the following factors to help you find the right recliner that will reduce pain in sore muscles from herniated discs.
When dealing with herniated disc symptoms, you need to ensure that the recliner you choose is made of premium material that ensures long-term service. You don’t need a reclining chair that becomes uncomfortable and loose after a few years of use.
In addition, make sure that the material is easy to clean and maintain. In this scenario, I recommend recliner chairs that are upholstered in premium leather as they are durable and stain-resistant. Also, they are comfortable and smooth to sit on.
There are three significant curves in the spine: the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar. In order for proper posture and healthy spinal alignment, all three curves must be supported and aligned adequately while reclining.
Therefore, make sure you choose a recliner chair that provides adequate back support, such as the one listed above. For more relaxation, make sure the recliner supports your whole body evenly to keep your spine aligned when you have a herniated disc in your neck or lower back.
Smooth Reclining Positions
It can be challenging for people with disc herniation symptoms to find a comfortable position while sitting and relaxing.
So, make sure that the recliner chair you choose has a smooth reclining mechanism so you can recline in different positions. As a result, you can find a comfortable position for your spine while relaxing. This also prevents any strain on your back.
When it comes to best-reclining chairs for herniated disc symptoms, it’s imperative to choose a chair with a sturdy frame and a sturdy base. This will prevent the chair from wobbling or shifting during your reclining process.
Other Significant Aspects That Are Suitable For Best Recliners
- Heat And Massage features for relaxing stiff back muscles and for better circulation.
- Lift Assistance to aid in standing out of the chair without putting stress on the back muscles.
- Recliners are controlled by remote control as they are more convenient and easy to use.
- A comfortable footrest that elevates the leg higher helps improve blood circulation.
Is a recliner chair suitable for herniated disc?
Any comfortable recliner that provides adequate back support can be used by individuals with a herniated disc. Just be sure you choose a recliner that has lumbar support. Conversely, if you have a chair that lacks lumbar back support, use pillows to avoid unsupportive gaps.
How Do You Sit On A Recliner With A Herniated Disc?
If you suffer from a herniated disc disability, you must make sure you sit with proper spinal alignment while reclining. This will keep the pressure off your spine and relieve back tension.
Is Sleeping In A Recliner Good For Herniated Disc?
Sleeping in a reclined position is the better option when dealing with a herniated disc. When you are in a reclining position, the pressure on your backbone is minimized, which allows the lumbar region to relax. Make sure that you sleep comfortably while raising the leg rest of the recliner. For additional comfort, roll up a towel or use extra pillows.