How long do power recliner motors last? This is a question that many people have, and it’s a valid one. After all, when you invest in something like a power recliner, you want to know that it will last for a while.
In this post, we’re going to look at how long power recliner motors tend to last and what you can do to ensure that your electric recliner motor lasts as long as possible. Keep reading to learn more!
Table of Contents
First, Let’s Take A Look At What A Power Recliner Is?
A power recliner is a type of chair that uses an electric motor to recline the backrest and raise the footrest. They’re perfect for people who have trouble getting in and out of traditional recliners. In addition, they’re convenient because they can recline at the touch of a button.
Advantages Of Power Recliners Over Manual Recliners
In comparison with manual recliners, power recliners have the following advantages:
- Easy To Customize: You can customize the position of your power recliner chair to suit your needs. For example, if you want to watch TV, you can recline the backrest, raise the footrest, or sit upright while elevating your feet. If you want to nap, simply adjust the backrest to suit your preferences.
- Motorized: Electric recliners retract the backrest and raise the footrest by using an electric motor. This prevents you from having to use your muscles to recline the chair. The motorized feature of electric reclining chairs is especially beneficial for people with weakness in their muscles or joints.
- Stylish: There are many styles of power recliners available. Depending on your preferences, you may choose from traditional to modern designs.
- Easy To Use: Power recliners are easy to use, and all you have to do is press a button to recline the backrest and raise the footrest.
- Heat and Massage Feature: Several power recliners come with additional features to make them more comfortable. For example, some power recliners have heat and massage functions which can help relieve muscle pain.
Now that we know what a power recliner is and some of the advantages that they offer, let’s take a look at how long do power recliner motors last.
How Long Do Power Recliner Motors Last?
Several factors determine the answer to this question. For example, the quality of the power recliner and how often you use it will affect how long the motor lasts.
In general, the motors in power recliners last for around 5 to 10 years. However, some high-quality power recliners can last for 20 years or more.
To get the most out of your power recliner, it’s important to choose a quality model and take good care of it. We’ll discuss both of these topics in more detail below.
Choosing A Quality Power Recliner
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a quality power recliner. First, you should make sure that the power recliner has a strong frame, as the frame is what supports the weight of the chair and your body.
If the frame is made of weak materials, the chair will likely break or collapse over time. Second, you should make sure that the power recliner has a reliable motor.
The motor is what makes the chair recline and raise the footrest. If the motor is weak, the chair will likely stop working after a few years. Finally, you should ensure that the power recliner has a warranty.
This will protect you if the chair breaks or stops working within the first few years.
Taking Care Of Your Power Recliner Motor
In addition to selecting a quality power recliner, it is also very important to keep it clean and well maintained. Here are a few tips that will help you keep your power recliner and its motor in good condition:
- Use It Regularly: One of the best ways to keep your power recliner and its motor in good condition is to use it regularly. If you only use your power recliner occasionally, the motor will start to deteriorate and may eventually stop working.
- Protect It From Dust: Dust can damage the motor in your power recliner. To prevent this, you should ensure your power recliner is kept in a dust-free environment.
- Avoid Putting Stress On The Motor: The motor in your power recliner is designed to support the chair’s weight and your body. However, it’s not intended to support the additional weight. For example, you should avoid sitting on the edge of the chair or putting your body weight on the footrest. Both of these things can stress the motor and cause it to break.
- Connect To The Main Outlet: Power recliners must be plugged into the main outlet. If you connect your power recliner to an extension cord, the motor will have to work harder and may eventually stop working.
- Inspect The Power Recliner Regularly: You should regularly inspect your power reclining chair for any damage. If you notice any damage, you should contact the manufacturer or a qualified technician to fix it.
In the end, I hope you got the answer to your query about how long do power recliner motors last. Electric reclining chairs are a great addition to any home; they provide comfort and relaxation and are relatively easy to maintain.
However, like any piece of furniture, they won’t last forever. The average life of a power recliner is 10 to 20 years.
You will increase your life if you maintain and care for your power recliner properly. Remember to choose a quality model, take good care of it, and connect it to the main outlet. Check for any signs of damage regularly.
What is the average life of a power recliner?
The average life of a power recliner is about 10 to 20 years. However, with proper care and maintenance, your recliner may last longer.
How can I prolong the life of my power recliner?
In order to prolong the life of your power recliner, you can do the following:
Make sure to choose a quality model.
Take good care of it by dusting it regularly and avoiding putting stress on the motor.
Connect it to the main outlet and check for damage regularly.
How do I fix a power recliner that won’t stay up?
Several things can be done if your power recliner fails to stay up. First of all, you need to check the battery. If the battery is dead, the unit will need to be replaced.
Secondly, inspect the motors. If they are damaged, you must repair or replace them. Lastly, ensure that the frame is in good condition, and if it needs repair or replacement, it needs to be done.
If you are uncertain how to fix the problem, consult the manufacturer or a technician.
How Do I Clean A Power Recliner?
You should avoid getting water on the motor or frame of your power recliner. You can use a vacuum with an upholstery attachment or a mild soap and water solution to clean the fabric.
The soap and water solution should be tested on a small area of the fabric before being used on the entire chair. Before using the chair again, the material should be allowed to dry after cleaning.
You Can Also Read:
- How To Add Power To A Recliner In Few Simple Steps?
- How To Hide Power Recliner Cords? – (12 Easy Ways)
- What Is The Assembly Process For Power Reclining Sofa?
- Learn How To Move A Recliner By Yourself?
Check out Our Website for more information like this!