Arthritis is a chronic condition that affects the joints, including your knees, hips, hands, feet, elbows, shoulders, and other areas. The good news is that practising good posture can strengthen muscles to support your joints and help ease arthritis pain, such as osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Therefore, to adopt a healthy sitting posture, picking the best recliner chair for arthritis pain is important as the right recliner can prevent your painful arthritis condition from worsening. Getting to the point, what is the right recliner chair for someone with arthritis?
Ideally, the perfect recliners for arthritis should minimize pain, provide a comfortable sitting experience, and keep the body in a pain-relief position. Arthritis recliners should also be easy to adjust and provide optimal comfort for prolonged periods of sitting.
As a result, our recliner experts have shortlisted and reviewed the 8 best recliner chairs for arthritis pain you can buy in 2022.
Table of Contents
At A Glance: 8 Very Best Recliner Chair For Arthritis
Our Testing Process For Best Recliner Chair For Arthritis Pain
To identify the right recliner chairs for arthritis, our research team considered several crucial factors.
- We started with analysing user feedback and reviews from people with arthritis who have purchased and used similar recliners in the past.
- We then dove deeper into the product specifications of each recliner to identify those that offer features known to ease arthritis pain. These features include ergonomic designs, heating and massage capabilities, and a variety of recline positions.
- We also looked at how easy each recliner is to operate, considering that people with arthritis often have limited mobility in their hands and fingers.
- We considered both manual and power recliners in our research but listed power recliners only since they require less effort to operate.
- Finally, we considered price, looking for recliners that provide the most value for the money.
The following are the results of our research, broken into detailed reviews of the most effective recliner chairs for arthritis on the market today.
ReclinerComfy’s Reviews For Top Recliners For Arthrits
Now let’s take an in-depth look at each of the recliners on our list, starting with our top pick, the Mcambo Power lift recliner.
1. Mcombo Power Lift Recliner Chair – Best Recliner Chair For Arthritis
- Material: The recliner is made of faux leather and a comfortable padded backrest for ultimate support and comfort.
- Lift Assistance: It has a counterbalanced lift mechanism with a TUV-certified actuator, so you can rely on the lift mechanism to stand without putting any pressure on your joints.
- Durable: This power recliner has a strong, durable, and long-lasting structure that can be easily cleaned by whipping.
- Heat and Massage Feature: It also has 8 vibrating points on the shoulder, back, thigh, and foot and a lumbar heating piece that can be used to reduce stress and muscle fatigue.
- USB Port & Cupholders: It also features USB ports for recharging your devices while sitting on it, and with a thick padding armrest, it has cup holders to hold your drinks.
What We Think About This Product
Overview: If you’re looking for a recliner chair that minimizes your effort and maximizes productivity while being comfortable, there aren’t many like this Mcombo Power Lift Massage Recliner Chair.
The ease of standing up from this premium recliner is aided by the counter-balanced lift mechanism, which allows you to raise the entire chair in a vertical position without putting strain on your joints.
Spine arthritis is the most common type of arthritis. It’s really unpleasant, as spine arthritis commonly affects the hips and lower back. This recliner chair has 8 vibration points around the back to provide optimum comfort. As a result of this recliner’s massage and heating feature, it is beneficial for those with spinal arthritis.
This massage recliner has a footrest to distribute your weight evenly and support your legs and lower back, helping you maintain an ideal and supportive posture.
Final Thoughts: The Mcambo lift recliner is the perfect solution for your relaxation needs. The remote control makes it easy to use, and the thick quality faux leather is both durable and easy to clean. If you are looking for the best recliner chair for arthritis, this is a great recliner as it is also among the best massage recliners on the market.
2. Irene House Lift Recliner – Best Dual Motor Lift Chair For Arthritis Pain (Runner Up)
- Material: It is made from a high-density sponge padded with high-quality leather to ensure long-term durability.
- Dual motor design: This chair has a powerful electric and dual motor which you can manage according to your preferences to feel comfortable.
- Remote Control: It comes with a 4-button controller that you can use to operate the recliner to any position with a touch of buttons.
- Independent Functionality: Dual motors power this recliner; therefore, the recliner can be adjusted in any position, independently controlling the footrest and reclining mechanism.
- Durability: It is made up of a high-quality metal frame that ensures its durability, which can support 300 lbs.
What We Think About This Product
Overview: This power recliner chair was made to last with high-quality Okin motors that make the lifting mechanism of the recliner smoother than most.
What Makes This Recliner Unique? When our experts first laid their eyes on this particular recliner, they all agreed that the Irene House Lift Recliner is one of a kind due to its independent functionality and lay flat design.
This recliner has a lay-flat design, which means that you can recline the chair all the way back until it is flat. This is ideal for people with arthritis, as it allows you to find a comfortable sleeping position for your joints.
The 4-button controller lets you operate the recliner to any position with just a touch of a button.
Comfort: Besides providing firm support, the wide design of the recliner’s backrest provides greater comfort than a standard recliner. Thanks to its additional lumbar pillow, the recliner offers extra support for your lower back, which benefits people with arthritis.
Customer Reviews: Every arthritis recliner chair that we selected in our list has received positive feedback from customers. However, the Irene House Lift Recliner has consistently received 5-star reviews from customers with joint pain and muscle stiffness.
Final Thoughts: The Irene House Lift Recliner is one of the best recliner chair for arthritis pain that you can buy, as it offers independent functionality, a lay flat design, and comes with a lumbar pillow for added support.
3. Mcombo Power Lift Recliner – Best Recliner Chair For Knee Arthritis (Best Value)
- Comfy Backrest: The chair’s backrest comprises overstuffed padding and has an cushion-topped armrest that lets the seated person comfortably sink into the chair.
- Lift Feature: It features a power lift mechanism to ease the seated person’s stand without excessive pressure while standing.
- Smooth Reclining Motion: This recliner offers smooth reclining positions that can be easily adjusted with the help of remote control.
- Convenient Feature: It features dual USB charging ports, 2 cup holders, and 2 side pockets.
Overview: This Mcombo power lift recliner chair is one of the best recliner chairs for arthritis patients because it is powered by a unique counterbalance mechanism that allows the user to raise themselves without any external force needed.
The lift assistant of this recliner is also best for knee arthritis as no stress would be placed on knee joints while sitting or standing.
In addition, the recliner can be adjusted to various comfortable reclining positions by pressing two buttons on the remote control.
With comfort and durability in mind, the Mcombo Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair is designed to meet your needs. There are overstuffed pillows and simple lines in the backrest, which makes it more comfortable for you to sit, relieving arthritis pain by providing adequate support to your joints and back muscles.
Our Testing: When our team first tried this recliner, they all agreed it was extremely comfortable and supportive. The recliner can be easily adjusted to any position with the help of the remote control.
One thing to note is that this recliner is slightly on the bulkier side, so it might not be suitable for smaller spaces.
Final Thoughts: No doubt, investing in Mcombo Electric lift recliner chair still remains a great choice for people with arthritis as it is comfortable, supportive, and easy to use.
4. Irene House Modern Transitional Chair – Best Recliner Chair For Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Upholstery: The upholstery on this recliner is soft and durable.
- Motor: The chair has a German Brand Okin motor with a lift feature ideal for smooth sitting and standing.
- Smooth Reclining: It can be reclined by pressing the remote button.
- Comfortable Footrest: It has an extending footrest, which allows you to stretch fully, which is way more comfortable in this recliner chair.
What We Think About This Product
Overview: Irene House Modern recliner chair is a comfortable recliner for those who have arthritis and many other health problems that require proper sitting. As I have described in the features, it has a strong German Brand Okin motor. The motors make the recliner’s mechanism smooth, which is healthy for your joints since it reduces jerks that can aggravate arthritis pains or other aches while sitting or standing from the chair.
The manufacturer has done a great job by providing soft and comfortable upholstery from the seat to the armrest to help make you feel comfortable.
This recliner’s thickly padded seat and armrest are also convenient for resting your extremities, such as your hands and legs if you have rheumatoid arthritis.
What Our Testing Told Us: This suitable recliner chair for arthritis passed our comfort test with high marks. It is extremely comfortable, and the smooth mechanism makes it easy to sit and stand without any pain. Our team didn’t experience any discomfort while sitting on it.
We also like the fact that it comes with a remote control so you can easily adjust the reclining position.
Final Thoughts: With all that said, the Irene House power lift recliner chair is another excellent choice if you want a comfortable, stylish, and supportive recliner chair for your home.
5. Signature Design by Ashley Yandel – Best Versatile and Multifunctional Recliner For Osteoarthritis
- Material: This recliner is upholstered with saddle brown poly-fibre that looks like leather and is very comfortable.
- Back-support: The backrest has thick cushions to provide full comfort and excellent lumbar support.
- Quality Mechanism: The chair can be moved from reclined to fully raised in one minute, which is smooth enough to provide support during recliner position changes.
- Strong Construction: The recliner chair has a sturdy frame that is simple to assemble and comes with hardware and tools necessary for assembly and instructions.
What We Think About This Product
Overview: Sometimes, the price you pay for a recliner chair does not indicate the quality you are getting. The Signature Design by Ashley Yandel is a perfect example of this.
In this price range, this Ashley dual-motor power lift recliner would be suitable for providing your body with the required amount of support for ideal sitting positions.
This riser recliner chair for arthritis has two powerful motors that help you move from a sitting to a standing position with ease. You can also raise or lower the leg rest and recline the backrest independently.
Positive Reviews and Our Testing: This recliner chair for arthritis pain has received some good customer reviews. It is a very versatile and multifunctional recliner that can be used for napping, reading or watching TV.
Our testing team found it very easy to operate and provided comfortable support for the back and legs.
What makes it apart from other recliner chairs is a dual motor function that allows for independent backrest and leg rest operation.
The dual motor functionality of a recliner is perfect for people with arthritis or other mobility issues because it allows them to find the right position for their needs.
Final Thoughts: I highly recommend this recliner for people with arthritis or other mobility issues because of its versatility and supportive features. This arthritis recliner is a great value for the price and will provide you with years of comfort.
Other 3 We Also Consider
6. Mecor Power Lift Chair for Arthritis
- Material & Construction: This recliner is made from sturdy and durable materials that are upholstered in waterproof, stain-proof PU leather.
- Heat & Massage: It has 8 vibration points that contribute to adding more relaxation to your back while massaging.
- Convenient Controlling: It comes with an easy-to-use remote, and all you need to do is press the button to start enjoying the heat and massage function.
- Dual Motor Functionality: You can adjust the backrest and footrest independently, which means both can be set according to your preferences so that you will feel comfortable.
- Useful Features: It features a USB port for charging your devices, two side pockets, and two rear wheels that make moving easier.
What We Think About This Product
Overview: With its wide backrest, this Mecor power lift recliner chair would be beneficial for people living with arthritis.
With its comfortable and supportive features, this chair is designed to offer full-body support. The backrest and footrest can be adjusted independently to find the perfect position for your needs.
This chair also comes with a heat and massage function that can help to relieve pain and stiffness in the muscles and joints. As we all know, heat and massage are two of the best treatments for arthritis pain.
Is it better than the above recliner? Considering all of its features, this recliner is suitable for people with arthritis. But, it doesn’t have strong customer feedback compared to the one above.
When it comes to the adjustment of the recliner, it is quite easy to control. You can raise or lower the backrest and leg rest with the help of the remote control that comes with the chair.
Final Thoughts: You should consider buying this recliner if you’re still looking for a comfy, long-lasting, and relaxing chair.
7. Magic Union Power Lift Recliner For Arthritis Pain
What We Think About This Product
Overview: Comfortable recliners like this Magic Union massage recliner chair are designed to offer maximum comfort and complete relaxation to arthritis patients. It has been crafted to provide the ultimate lounging experience for individuals suffering from back pain.
In short, the Magic Union lift chair has been designed to provide complete back support, especially to the lumbar region. A lumbar support’s main purpose is to keep your spine in its natural position.
Its 4 massage points provide a soothing massage to the back and neck muscles with 5 different intensities. The high-quality faux leather is soft and supple, adding to the comfort. The chair has a power lift mechanism that makes standing easier without putting pressure on the body by lifting the entire recliner in an upright position.
Its solid wood frame and high-quality faux leather upholstery will be an excellent addition to your living room.
Is This Recliner Worth Considering? If you have arthritis and back problems, then you should give this recliner a try. It will not only help reduce the pain, but it will also help increase your overall comfort level.
8. Kyle Taupe Swivel Recliner For Arthritis Sufferers
- Material: It is upholstered in cozy faux leather.
- Function: It is a swivel recliner that offers a smooth recline position.
- Ottoman: The ottoman on this recliner is a standout feature. It helps distribute weight evenly across the body and helps maintain a healthy posture.
- Look-Wise: It features dark bronze metal and solid wood bases finished in Walnut.
- Durable: Very durable and easy-to-clean recliner.
What We Think About This Product
Overview: If you are still looking for the best recliner chair for arthritis, this Kyle Taupe recliner might be your chair. This recliner chair is on the list because it comes with an ottoman instead of a footrest. As I said, this ottoman aids in evenly distributing your lower body weight, which can help reduce the pain in your joints.
The chair is upholstered in comfortable and luxurious-looking Taupe-coloured faux leather. The ottoman is also upholstered in the same Taupe color and has a dark bronze metal frame and solid wood base finished in Walnut.
This recliner is a smart choice for people looking for comfort and style. The chair is also very easy to clean, which is a bonus.
Is This Recliner Worth Considering? Yes, this recliner is worth considering, especially if you are looking for a swivel recliner with an ergonomic design that helps to support your back, shoulders, and neck.
Furthermore, this swivel recliner has a thick backrest that keeps your spine and back in a straight position with extra comfort.
What do the buyers’ reviews tell us? The personal reviews of the buyers are extremely positive. Most of them claim that this is one of the finest recliners that comes with ottoman chair they have ever owned. The buyers also say that this recliner is very comfortable and stylish. A few buyers have also said that this recliner has helped reduce their back pain.
Final Thoughts: This swivel recliner for arthritis checks all the boxes of durability, comfort, and, my favorite, style. This chair would look amazing in any room.
Best Recliner Chair For Arthritis – (Buyer’s Guide)
Selecting the best recliner chair for arthritis can be difficult. Many options and models are available in the market that may or may not fit your needs. In the next paragraphs, I will give you an overview of what factors can be good for your arthritis, and some related FAQs. Still, first, you should consider the following points if you are looking for a comfortable recliner for arthritis.
Recliners With Ergonomic Design
If you have arthritis, you should always go for a recliner that has an ergonomic design. An ergonomically designed recliner fits your body and provides support to your muscles and joints in the right way.
The best recliners for people with arthritis are usually designed to offer full-body support so that you can sit or recline them for long periods without feeling any pain or discomfort.
Therefore, always look for a recliner that has an ergonomic design and can provide overall body support.
Like our top pick, the Mcombo Power Lift Recliner Sofa, this recliner is designed to be comfortable and provide ergonomic support to your body. The comfort is increased with the recliner’s massage and heating feature.
When it comes to arthritis, back support in a recliner is imperative, as it can help to reduce the pain in your back and spine.
A recliner with proper back support will also improve your posture, which is often an issue for people with arthritis.
If you choose the recliners, we suggested above, you will not have to worry about back support because they all come with adequate support.
You should also be aware that it’s not just about back support but also lower body support. That means you should also be aware that the recliner chair should be designed to support all parts of the body.
In the physical world, the same thing applies. If a sofa is not cushioned properly, it can become uncomfortable to sit on. This is why most couches are cushioned for a reason.
Smooth Reclining Mechanism
The reclining mechanism should also be taken into consideration when choosing the ideal reclining chair for arthritis.
Smooth and durable reclining mechanisms are the best option as they are easy to use and withstand regular use.
Another great thing about a smooth reclining mechanism is that it won’t strain your joints when you use it.
On the other hand, a robust reclining mechanism is a good option if you want a durable chair.
For people with arthritis, the chairs we have suggested all come with a smooth and robust reclining mechanism. So, you can be sure they will last longer and be easy to use.
Easy Adjusting & Locking
Adjusting plays a vital role in how comfortable you will feel while sitting in a recliner. You can find a lot of recliners on the market that offer the same features but with small differences. However, the real difference is in the price, and each recliner isn’t meant to relieve arthritis and joint pain.
Have you ever wondered why cheap recliners cost less than quality recliners despite having the same features?
The reason for this is the difference between durability and comfort. What you need in the long run is a recliner that is durable, easy to adjust, and which you can adjust according to your preferences.
Therefore, investment in a quality recliner will ensure your overall health by providing maximum ease, comfort, and support.
Some recliners have adjustable settings, but the problem is that they aren’t locked in place. This is bad news for those with arthritis or joint problems as they may experience soreness if they make sudden movements.
On the other hand, some recliners have locked settings that allow you to make adjustments without worrying about the chair moving. This is ideal for people with arthritis as it gives them the support they need without putting any strain on their joints.
The chairs we have suggested all come with easy adjusting and locking features. So, you can be sure they will provide you with the support and comfort you need.
When it comes to recliners, they are excellent for providing maximum seat comforts, but there are other factors too that should be kept in mind while considering seat comfort.
- Thick and comfy
- Distribution of weight evenly
- Should promote healthy blood circulation
It is imperative to consider these points when choosing a recliner for better health:
First, the thick cushioning of the recliner will ensure the greatest comfort for your body.
If the first condition is met, then it is automatically implied that the recliner will have a better build quality. A comfortable recliner should also have an evenly distributed weight so that no part of your body feels left out.
Moreover, the recliner should promote healthy blood circulation so that you don’t experience any numbness or pain in your legs and feet.
So it would be wise if you looked for appropriate recliners for arthritis based on these factors.
Best Recliner Chair For Arthritis Pain – Conclusion
I hope you have gained a lot of knowledge about what to look for and what to avoid when buying recliners for arthritis. In conclusion, arthritis is a serious issue. Therefore, depending on where you have arthritis and its severity, you should be looking for the best recliner chair for arthritis from the above-recommended recliners list for maximum comfort and support.
In the end, I want to thank you for reading this article, and I hope that it was helpful to you. If you have questions, feel free to leave a comment below, and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Is A Recliner Good For Arthritis?
Is a recliner good for arthritis or bad? let’s find out:
A rise and recline lift chair is an excellent choice for arthritis sufferers since they provide adjustable support for the body while easing the pressure on the back, legs, and joints. When combined with a smooth lift mechanism that makes it easier to get in and out of the chair, it provides an excellent experience for arthritis sufferers.
However, it is important to understand that not all recliners are created equal. Therefore, choosing from the above-listed recliners for arthritis will ensure that your body is well supported and any discomfort is relieved.
What Type Of Recliner Chair Is Best For Arthritis?
The type of recliner chair that is best for arthritis pain have following features:
Comfortable seat, back support, and cushioned armrest for maximum body support.
Moreover, it has smooth reclining positions, thus allowing a person to change positions when necessary without staying in one position for a prolonged period, which is detrimental to their health.
An assistive lift mechanism that protects arthritis sufferers’ joints when they sit and stand.
It comes with a comfortable footrest so that patients can lean back and relax by elevating their legs.
Can Sleeping In A Recliner Cause Arthritis?
Sleeping in a comfortable recliner with a good posture is generally safe for joints and arthritis pain. However, suppose you sleep in an improper position where your lumbar region and lower body are in an uncomfortable position with no proper support. In that case, it can negatively affect your joints, thus making your arthritis worse instead of better.
How To Reduce The Risk Of Developing Arthritis Pain While Sleeping On A Recliner?
To reduce your risk of developing arthritis pain while sleeping on a recliner chair, make sure you adequately support your neck, head, lumbar region, and lower body. For added comfort, using lumbar support or additional neck pillows or rolled towels can improve the support.