This blog post will show you how to assemble a recliner sofa in just a few easy steps. Furniture assembly may seem like a daunting task, but it’s not that complicated.
This blog post provides step-by-step instructions on how to do it correctly to avoid the frustration and cursing that often comes with the installation process of recliner chairs. With a bit of patience and these instructions, you’ll be able to put your new reclining sofa together in no time.
So relax and read carefully to find out how it’s done!
Table of Contents
Step By Step Guide For How To Assemble A Recliner Sofa
- (Read Instructions Carefully To Know The Procedure): Start by looking at the instructions that came with your recliner sofa. This will give you an idea of what pieces go where and in what order you should assemble them. If there are no instructions, don’t worry – we’ll show you how to do it anyway.
- (Spread The Pieces): Unpack all the pieces from the box and spread them out on the floor or an open surface. It’s imperative to keep a clear workspace so you can track all the components and parts easily.
- (Start With The Backrest): Once all the pieces are laid out, start with the backrest and lay it across the armrests. Then, lift the backrest slightly and align the brackets at the back with the slots in the armrests
- (Press Down Until You Hear It Snap Into Place): Once the brackets are aligned, press down on the backrest until you hear it snap into place. This indicates that the backrest is correctly attached to both brackets.
- (Test That Backrest Is Properly Attached By Standing Behind): Now stand behind the sofa and test that the backrest is properly attached by twisting the back from side to side. It should be securely attached and should not move. If it’s loose, double-check that the brackets are aligned correctly and try again with the same steps.
- (Enjoy Your New Sofa!): That’s it! Now that you have successfully assembled your newly purchased recliner sofa, it is time to relax and enjoy your new furniture.
If you are still confused or can’t figure it out, the below video is a practical guide on how to assemble a recliner sofa.
Things To Avoid While Assembling Recliner Sofa
- (Don’t Force It If iIt doesn’t fit): One of the most common mistakes people make when assembling furniture is forcing pieces that don’t fit together. If a piece seems too tight or won’t go in at all, stop and re-evaluate before forcing it. You may be doing something wrong and could break the recliner piece or injure yourself.
- (Don’t Over-Tighten Screws And Bolts): Another mistake people make is over-tightening screws and bolts. This can strip the threads and make it difficult to remove them later. Instead, tighten the screw or bolt until it’s snug, but don’t overdo it.
- (Don’t Use Power Tools Unless Necessary): Unless you’re experienced with using power tools, it’s best to avoid them altogether as you risk stripping screws or damaging pieces if you use too much force. If you have to use power tools, start with the lowest setting and gradually boost the power until you are satisfied with the results.
- (Take Your Time): The most important thing to remember is to take your time. Furniture assembly can be frustrating, but it’s not worth risking an injury or damaging your new furniture. If you get stuck, take a break and come back to it later with fresh eyes. With a little patience, you’ll be able to put your new recliner sofa together without any problems.
Is It Difficult To Assemble A Sofa?
The answer to this question is both Yes and No. It depends on various factors such as the type of recliner sofa, design, size, and weight. For example, some reclining sofas come with complicated instructions and require multiple people to assemble, while others are relatively easy to put together. The best way to gauge the difficulty level is by looking at the instructions or contacting the manufacturer directly.
In general, most recliner sofas aren’t too difficult to assemble. However, there are a few things that you should keep in mind, such as taking your time and having a little patience, you should be able to put your new recliner sofa together without any problems.
Are All Recliner Couches Come Apart?
No, not all reclining chairs come apart. It depends on the model and manufacturer. Some recliner models are designed to be taken apart for easy transport or storage, while others are not meant to be disassembled.
If you’re not sure whether your recliner couch can be taken apart, it’s best to check the instructions or contact the manufacturer directly.
What Is The Average Time It Takes To Assemble A Recliner Sofa?
The average time to assemble a recliner sofa is between 10 minutes to 1 hour. However, the assembly time will differ depending on the model and manufacturer. Some reclining sofas may take longer or shorter to put together.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire Someone To Assemble A Recliner Sofa?
Hiring a professional to assemble your recliner sofa will typically cost between $40 to $150. However, the cost will differ depending on several factors, including the type of recliner sofa and your location. It’s always wise to get a few quotes before hiring someone to do the assembly job.
How Do I Know If My Recliner Sofa Is Assembled Correctly?
Following the instructions carefully will help you determine whether or not your recliner sofa is assembled correctly. If you’re uncertain about anything, you should contact the manufacturer directly. They can assist you in troubleshooting any problems you may encounter.
Assembling a recliner sofa can vary from easy to complex, depending on the model and manufacturer. To correctly assemble the reclining sofa, you must follow the instructions carefully and take your time. If you have any questions, you should directly contact the manufacturer. Overall, most recliner sofas aren’t too difficult to put together and shouldn’t take more than half an hour.
So, with these tips in mind, you should be able to put your new recliner sofa together without any problems.
You Can Also Read: