Did you recently have a heart attack or heart surgery? Are you scheduled for open heart surgery sometime in the near future? If so, then the best recliner for heart surgery should be at the top of your list. Why? Because after open heart surgery, you will be advised by your doctor to take a lot of naps and get lots of sleep at night to help your body heal.
The recommended sleeping position after heart surgery is upright, roughly at a 45-degree angle. This is where a comfy recliner plays a role.
For beginners, choosing the best recliner chair after heart surgery may seem daunting at first because there are a plethora of options available in the market. But you don’t have to worry here; we’ve reviewed some of the most comfortable recliners that come with a ton of comfortable features that you can place in your bedroom or wherever you would feel most comfortable at night.
As a bonus, you will receive an extensive guide at the end that will help you choose your favorite product.
Now, scroll down to get a quick glimpse of the heart surgery recliners.
Table of Contents
A Glance At Best Recliner Chairs For After-Heart Surgery Recovery
Here’s an overview of the best heart surgery recliner chair. This overview has been broken down into a table since it’s easier for people to comprehend in the form of a comparison table or tabular form.
|Mcombo Power Lift Recliner with Massage and Heat (Top Pick)|
|Esright Electric Lift Recliner (Better Value)|
|Domesis Power Lift Chair Recliner (Runner Up)|
|Magic Union Power Lift Chair|
|TACKspace Power Lift Recliner Chair|
Why Power Lift Recliners Are Perfect After Heart Surgery
Power lift recliners are the perfect chair after heart surgery because of several things that I have discussed below
- Easy To Use- When you are in the hospital following open heart surgery, your bed will be fully adjustable to fit every bend in your body. At home, no such thing will be possible. This is where power lift recliners come to the rescue. Most power recliners come with a simple control panel or remote control that makes it easy after surgery to adjust the reclining positions of the recliner chair and make it comfortable according to your preferences with the touch of a button.
- Easy To Get In And Out- The most challenging aspect of recovering from heart surgery is getting in and out of a flat bed. This is because your broken sternum will feel new kinds of pressure every time you enter or exit your bed. This is where power lift chairs are perfect to sit in after heart surgery, as they come with a lifting mechanism that eases the patient into standing without putting pressure on the chest.
Our Testing Process For Best Recliner for Heart Surgery Recovery
Our expert team has undergone a rigorous testing process to select the highest quality recliners for people recovering from heart surgery. We have looked at dozens of recliners and narrowed it down to the five that we believe are the best on the market.
We have looked at a variety of factors, including:
- Ease of use
To create the best of the best list of the top recliner, we further considered:
Customer Reviews: Recliners suitable for people recovering from heart surgery should have positive customer reviews. Customer reviews are the most accurate way to determine if a product is effective and durable. Therefore, we read hundreds of customer reviews to see what people who have actually used these recliners think about them.
Company Reputation: Focusing on the recliners with good customer reviews, we then looked at the companies that make them. We have only chosen recliners from companies with a stellar reputation in the recliner industry that promises customer satisfaction.
Product Features: The recliners we selected all come with features that make them perfect chairs for heart surgery patients. These features include adjustable backrests, leg rests, and headrests to make them as comfortable as possible.
ReclinersComfy’s Reviews For Best Recliner After Heart Surgery
Below, you will find in-depth reviews of the five best recliners for open heart surgery:
1. Mcombo Power Lift Recliner – Best Recliner To Sleep In After Heart Surgery
- Material: It is made of high-quality faux leather and provides superior comfort.
- Lift Function: It has a counterbalanced lift mechanism with a TUV-certified actuator that allows the patient to stand up smoothly without adding stress to the chest or causing pain.
- Features: The chair includes a range of functions like heating and massage therapy and a smooth reclining position that you can customize.
- Remote Control: The chair has two convenient remote controls; one controls massage and lumbar heat; the other controls reclining and lift positions.
- Convenient Features: It has two side pockets, two cupholders on both armrests, and a USB port for charging devices.
What We Think About This Product
Overview: I’m sure you will find all the Mcombo recliners on the bestseller list. Mcambo power lift recliner is one of the best recliners for heart surgery as it possesses all the appropriate functionalities to be your best sitting partner after surgery.
Comfort: The chair is pretty comfortable as it offers versatile features and a smooth reclining position. Also, the lumbar heat and massage function will further elevate your comfort level.
When it comes to the recliner’s lifting mechanism, it is quite powerful and allows you to stand up without putting any pressure on your chest. If all of these features are combined, this chair is no less than a heavenly experience.
As part of its key characteristics, this chair can be operated remotely via two remote control devices, which makes it the right recliner for heart patients. This eliminates the inconvenience of using the traditional right-side lever recliner after surgery.
Our Testing: We had a critical cardiac surgery patient in our test group, and we found this chair quite suitable for their needs. It helped them sleep comfortably and get up from the chair without any pain. We also like the smooth and gentle reclining motion of this chair.
Final Thoughts: Overall, this is an excellent recliner chair for heart surgery patients as it offers a unique blend of features and comfort. So, if you invest in this reclining chair, you won’t regret it, as what you are actually getting is a recliner that can be transformed into a comfortable bed after heart surgery.
2. Esright Power Lift Recliner – Best Recliner Chair For Heart Surgery
- Material: It is made of high-quality PU leather that is easily cleaned.
- Reclining: This chair offers smooth reclining positions that are easy to control with the cord on the right side.
- Lift Feature: This lift chair is powered by a UL-certified actuator, which makes it easy for the patient to stand comfortably without the use of external force.
- Massage And Heat: It has 8 massage points and lumbar heat that can be controlled with remote control.
- Convenient Features: For added convenience, it also has 2 cup holders, 2 side pockets, and a USB port.
What We Think About This Product
Overview: The most critical aspect of buying any recliner, comfort comes first. Therefore, adding this Esright chair to our list of the best recliner chairs after heart surgery is because it bears the Amazon’s Choice tag, which is a sign of its exceptional comfort, well-priced, and immediate delivery.
Our testing also revealed that this recliner is quite comfortable as it offers a smooth and gentle reclining position.
Why Is It Different From Our Top Pick? We know you are thinking about how to choose between our top pick and this recliner. So to make it easier for you to decide which one you should go for.
We researched a lot and determined that the one thing that makes this chair drop to the second spot is that it lacks a convenient remote control for reclining position adjustment and lift assistance. This can be frustrating in some ways for heart patients after surgery.
However, the massage and heat feature do have an easy-to-use remote.
For durability and sturdiness, the chair is made of a solid wood frame and a steel frame. The recliner frame can easily hold up to 330 lbs, which is more than our top pick, the Macambo lift recliner.
Final Thoughts: We introduce to you this comfortable Esright recliner that can be used not only for relaxation after heart surgery but also for long-term enjoyment.
So, in summary, this recliner chair is highly recommended after our top pick because of its unbeatable combination of features at an affordable price.
3. Domesis Power Lift Chair – Best Recliner Chair After Heart Surgery
- Material: It is padded with breathable leather blend fabric that is durable and comfortable to the touch.
- Comfort: The backrest, seat, and armrest are padded with a high-density sponge that offers ergonomic support that keeps the spine in correct alignment.
- Mechanism: The chair offers smooth reclining positions and lift assistance, which can be operated via its easy-to-use, 2-button remote control.
- Durability Check: The chair is made of laminated hardwood combined with a steel frame that supports up to 300 lbs.
What We Think About This Product
Overview: When the debate comes to the best classical recliner with modern features that is easy to move and takes up little space, the Domesis recliner would be the best option to consider.
The Domesis power lift chair has a convenient remote that controls two functions.
- One allows you to adjust the reclining position to lean semi-upright while elevating the footrest to lie comfortably.
- At the same time, the other triggers the lift feature so you can get in and out of the chair easily after heart surgery.
Another advantage of this recliner is that it provides adequate back support. Thanks to its overstuffed, padded backrest with a high-density sponge that contours your spine’s natural curve.
As for comfort, the chair is upholstered in a breathable leather blend fabric that is soft to the touch and easy to clean. All these make it one of the best recliners for heart surgery.
Moreover, the recliner mechanism is strong enough to remain with you long after your heart surgery has healed.
Final Thoughts: I would definitely recommend this Domesis power lift chair to anyone who wants a simple, classically designed chair with all the required features to sit in after surgery.
So, another good deal that emphasizes comfort and space-saving style.
4. Magic Union Power Lift Chair – Comfortable Recliner After Heart Valve Surgery
- Material: It is upholstered in durable faux leather material.
- Lift Assistance: The chair features a power lift mechanism that pushes the entire chair into a standing position from its base for easy standing.
- Remote Control: The chair has an easy-to-use remote that can adjust lifting and reclining positions while raising the footrest to relax comfortably.
- Heat and Massage: It features 4 areas of massage with 5 modes and one lumbar heat, which is controlled by the other remote dedicated to massage and heat adjustability.
What We Think About This Product
Overview: First of all, talking about material, the Magic Union power lift chair is made from durable faux leather. To make the chair even more rugged and durable, it is built with a solid wooden frame that promises a long lifespan.
Regarding features, this recliner still wins the race on our list of best heart surgery recliners. The chair has adjustable reclining positions and a lift mechanism that works quietly and efficiently. Both of them are easily controllable with the wired remote.
With a heated seat and massage feature, particularly the massage that concentrates on the natural curves of your spine and lower body points where pressure is applied, it keeps those points pressure-free.
The four massage nodes deliver a comfortable and relaxing massage to your neck, back, lumbar, and legs with 5 different modes. You can further customize your massage experience by using the dedicated remote for heat and massage adjustments.
Final Thoughts: In conclusion, the recliner is comfortable, stylish, and best of all, it has most of the same features as our top three recommendations, but the main difference is the low price point. Therefore, it is also a viable option.
5. TACKspace Power Lift Recliner Chair – Best Recliners For Heart Patients
- Material: It is upholstered in high-quality breathable leather that is exceptionally durable and easy to clean.
- Lift Feature: The lift function is smooth and quietly operated while lifting the patient into standing.
- Reclining: It offers smooth reclining position adjustment from 45° to 160°, which you can easily adjust with a convenient remote
- Convenient Features: It also has other useful features, such as 2 side pockets for storing remotes, books, and a USB port.
- Durability Check: The high-density sponge stuffed inside the chair and the hardwood seat box with sinuous steel springs provide stable and durable support for up to 330lbs.
What We Think About This Product
Overview: We will end our list of the best heart surgery recliners with this TAKspace lift chair, which is another excellent option to consider.
This recliner offers a perfect lounging experience with a reclining mechanism that is easy to operate using a remote control.
TAKspace lift recliner also has a lifting function for easy standing. Thus, this recliner is a wise choice for those who have had heart surgery and are looking for a chair to fulfil post-surgery needs.
It has fewer reviews, but those who have bought it say this recliner provides excellent comfort at its price.
Our Testing: We found assembling this recliner to be easy and did not have any issues. The mechanism is smooth and works quietly.
The chair is comfortable with comfortable lumbar support. The recliner’s massage function is also decent, but it’s not as good as other chairs on our list.
Final Thoughts: Again, considering people’s reviews, our overall research, and the functionalities and durability of this comfortable recliner, selecting this one will allow you to get the most from your money after heart surgery.
Top Recliner For Heart Surgery – (Buyer’s Guide)
Selecting the right recliner for heart surgery is a bit tricky. So, we have tried to cover the most important features and characteristics of the recliner that you need to look into. So, if you are a first-time buyer, we will share some tips to help you in your selection.
We hope this guide will help you choose the best recliner chair for heart surgery.
After heart surgery, comfort should be your top priority when selecting a recliner. You must ensure that the recliner is comfortable enough for you to sit or sleep in it for long hours. It would be best to make sure that the recliner you select is the most comfortable one.
The recliner should be made with quality materials and adjustable so that you can change its position according to your needs.
If you have had surgery and your back and neck are still sore, and you are not feeling comfortable, then what is the purpose of buying the recliner?
You can make sure of the comfort of the recliner by choosing from well-known recliner brands—the brands such as those mentioned above.
There are a few other things that you should consider too:
Lift & Reclining Mechanism
As we discussed above, lift recliners are helpful for people recovering from heart surgery. However, selecting one may be difficult since they work on motors instead of manual mechanisms.
Therefore, not every lift chair is suitable for patients with heart problems. So, make sure you check the following matters before buying one:
- The motor that powers the recliner’s mechanism should work smoothly.
- The motor shouldn’t produce any unusual or loud noise while lifting or reclining. Again, loud noise is unacceptable, but a low or normal amount of noise is acceptable.
By ensuring that the lift features and the reclining position work smoothly without too much noise, you are actually getting an excellent quality recliner, as these two points describe the quality of the motor that powers the recliner mechanism.
Note: There are two types of Lift recliners:
Double motor lift chair- In which the backrest and footrest work independently.
Single motor lift chair- In which the backrest and footrest do not work independently.
In case you want independent control of both reclining and footrest adjustment. You should also consider the Ashley Yandel Dual Motor Power Lift Recliner, the best dual-motor recliner you could get after heart surgery.
Massage And Heating Functions
After heart surgery, you will be sore and in pain. So, it is essential to find a recliner with a massage and heating function.
There are a variety of massage recliners available in this market. However, choosing a heart surgery recliner with a massage function may not be as easy as it sounds.
The reason is that most recliners with a massage function have a lot of buttons, and it may be confusing for you to understand and operate them.
Therefore, we recommend that you should choose a recliner with positive user feedback and a straightforward massage function.
So recliners such as Mcombo Power Lift Recliner, Esright Massage chair, Magic Union power lift chair and TAKspace lift massage chair are some of the best recliners with a massage function you could buy after heart surgery.
Finally, don’t forget to buy a well-built recliner. Make sure that the recliner you choose should be made up of sturdy construction so that it can easily bear your weight for years to come.
In today’s market, recliners are being made of mostly steel frames and wood frames. So if you pick out the best quality wood or metal chairs, they should last you through several seasons without requiring much maintenance.
Best Recliners For Heart Surgery – Conclusion
If you’ve reached this point, you’ve gotten plenty of information about the best recliner for heart surgery recovery, and you may already have selected your favorite one. However, if you’re still unsure which one to buy, we’ve rounded up everything to make things easier for you.
My research about each recliner has led me to believe that each recliner has a unique speciality.
- According to our research and analysis, the Mcombo Power Lift Recliner is the best recliner chair for heart surgery.
- In case, if you are searching for a dual motor lift recliner that allows you to control the reclining position and the footrest elevation individually, you should look no further than the Ashley Yandel dual motor lift recliner.
- Another viable option to consider is the Esright power lift chair which provides all the functionalities one needs after heart surgery.
In the end, based on your comfort, budget, and needs, select any best recliner chair from the above list. You will definitely succeed!
Below are the most frequently asked question-related to heart surgery recliners:
Is A Recliner Good for Heart Surgery Patients?
The right recliner is beneficial for heart surgery patients since it allows them to adjust the reclining position to their liking while leaning back and relaxing. Having a recliner also increases the comfort of elevating the legs, increasing blood circulation.
Keeping in mind that not all recliners can elevate your feet above heart level, placing pillows under your legs can help you achieve the needed leg elevation.
How Long Should You Sleep In A Recliner After Open Heart Surgery?
In terms of how long should you sleep in a recliner after open heart surgery, two aspects depend frequently. One is how well the surgery went, and the second is how well you are recovering post-surgery. Patients in the first 8-9 weeks need a lot of rest, so you can sleep in a recliner for as long as you feel comfortable.
Moreover, with time, you will be closer to recovery and healing. As a result, you will be able to walk and sleep on your back after some time, but make sure you remain in contact with your doctor and follow his advice for aftercare following open heart surgery.
Why are lift chairs good after heart surgery?
– Lift chairs make getting into and out of the chair easier without causing any stress to the surgical site.
– Lift chairs are padded with high-quality material and have thick sponge cushions to help you maintain proper posture comfortably.
– The lift chair can be adjusted to meet your preferences so that you won’t sit in the same position for too long. This reduces the risk of retaining the same posture for long periods of time, which could be harmful.
Will I Need A Lift Chair After Open Heart Surgery?
Yes, having a lift chair after open-heart surgery is mostly recommended by doctors. It is very common among people recovering from the procedure to choose this type of chair because it can be adjusted to their needs appropriately.
Can I Sleep In Recliner After Open Heart Surgery?
So the question, can you sleep in a recliner after open heart surgery depends on the type of recliner you are using. If your recliner is comfortable and offers a smooth reclining adjustment, it would be better than sleeping in your bed.
Additionally, you can also maintain the recommended post-surgery posture that is semi-upright while adjusting the recliner mechanism, something that is difficult while on a bed since you have to constantly adjust the pillows and your posture to maintain an ideal posture.
Do you recommend a recliner for people recovering from heart surgery?
Yes, we do recommend a recliner for people recovering from heart surgery. A recliner can help to promote comfort and healing after this kind of surgery by providing the right support and positioning for your body.
You Can Also Read: