The hip is an essential part of the body and provides stability and strength, but if you have an ache in your hip, you may feel restless and uncomfortable.
Hip pain can be caused by a number of factors, and without preventative measures, the possibility increases. An increase in hip pain is usually attributed to aging since hip tendons weaken with age. However, poor posture, sitting in the wrong chair, or placing your feet in an abnormal position can all worsen the condition.
Keeping these criteria in mind, the following are our picks for the best recliner chairs for hip pain:
Table of Contents
At A Glance: Best Recliner For Hip Pain – Top 7 Picks
- Ashley Yandel Power Lift Recliner – Best Rated Recliner For Hip Pain – (Top Pick)
- Esright Massage Recliner Chair – Best Massage Recliner For Hip Pain – (Runner Up)
- Fabric Single Sofa Recliner Chair– Best Affordable Recliner Chair For Hip Pain – (Affordable Pick)
- Mcombo Electric Power Lift Recliner – Comfortable Lift Recliner For Hip Problems
- CANMOV Recliner Chair – Perfect Seat support for aligning Hip Region
- Comhoma Recliner chair With Heat Message – Perfect recliner For Relieving Hip Pressure
- Best Choice Products Electric Massage Recliner – Best Recliner with ottoman for hip problem
1. Ashley Yandel Power Lift Recliner – Best Rated Recliner For Hip Pain (Top Pick)
- This chair has a saddle brown upholstery that feels like leather.
- The backrest is thickly padded to provide adequate support to relieve hip pain by supporting your lower body.
- Its lift mechanism features a smooth and powerful double motor that makes getting up from a seated position easier. This relieves pressure on your hips and overall body.
- This hip pain recliner allows you to adjust the various reclining positions to achieve an ideal posture comfortably.
- Its features can be controlled by pressing buttons on the remote control.
- It has a powerful mechanism that is designed to last for many years.
What We Think About This Product
Overview: The Ashley Yandel power lift recliner is a hidden gem for hip pain thanks to its smooth lifting and the reclining mechanism that provides a tremendous, supportive seating experience. This recliner chair for hip pain is designed with the proper support for your posture in mind. This reclining chair has a thickly padded backrest that supports your spine and reduces strain and pain.
We probably sit most of the time while working, watching TV, or doing anything else in our daily routine. However, improper posture or the wrong kind of chair in which you sit can aggravate hip pain. Based on these factors, this perfect recliner for hip pain will provide maximum comfort to your hips with all the essential features.
With the Recliner power lift mechanism which has dual motors that are extremely quiet and smooth, you will not need to apply external forces to get out of the recliner.
Moreover, this power recliner completes an entire cycle from fully reclined to a fully upright position in one minute, which is extremely beneficial to those with hip pain. It eliminates the jerking motion that would harm your hips further.
Final Thoughts: This hip pain recliner chair will become an instant favorite in your living room due to its contemporary design and luxurious plush upholstery. The good thing is that company focuses on good quality at an affordable price with such features. This recliner is ideal for people looking for a comfortable reclining position while relaxing on their couch without having hip pain.
So You’ll have to prepare your wallet, though, because the cost of going pain-free is steep with the Ashley Yandel Power Lift Recliner Chair.
2. Esright Massage Recliner Chair – Best Massage Recliner For Hip Pain – (Runner Up)
- This recliner is made from soft and sturdy material, meant for intensive use, and designed to last.
- This recliner chair features heating, vibration, and multiple 360° swivel and rocking movements.
- The recliner back cushion is padded with an extra thick sponge to give your back and hip region ideal support.
- This chair features adjustable 140° reclining positions.
- It has a comfortable massage feature with 5 intensities that you can adjust with a remote controller.
What We Think About This Product
Overview: Look no further if you are looking for the best massage recliner for hip pain. This Esright Massage recliner chair for hip pain comes with various features that give you instant relief by providing adequate comfort.
Additionally, the lumbar heating and massage feature of this recliner chair boosts comfort to the highest quality.
As mentioned before, the backrest is thickly padded and covered in real faux leather. This makes the chair quite comfortable not only from a visual point of view but also from providing the right lumbar support to achieve the ideal posture from your cervical spine to your lower back, which would ultimately comfort your hips.
Final Thoughts: The durability of this swivel recliner, it is well-constructed and is designed to serve as your partner in comfort for a long time. So, This recliner is a good deal with such an affordable price, quality, and genuinely luxurious comfort.
3. Fabric Single Sofa Recliner Chair- Best Affordable Recliner Chair For Hip Pain – (Affordable Pick)
- It is made of high-quality material and is designed in a unique and comfortable way
- It has a foot extension that can be extended in two directions as well as a reclining back that can be manually adjusted to relieve stress.
- The backrest of the recliner chair is more comfortable because the high-density sponge of the fabric sofa will give you the best support.
- This recliner has a sturdy reclining mechanism for the material and meat to support you comfortably.
What We Think About This Product
Overview: This recliner fits the price range with its modern design and optimal hip support. It is gray, which is the ideal color scheme. To help alleviate hip pain, this chair comes with high-density foam padding for a backrest that will hug you from upper to lower back.
As for its durability has a steel-reinforced backrest and frame that offers solid stability while you recline and provides a comfortable sitting experience. From the recliner side, it has oval legs that provide maximum support without the chair moving unpleasantly.
Final Thoughts: This recliner chair for hip problems is a suitable option for someone looking for an inexpensive, small, attractive chair.
4. Mcombo Electric Power Lift Recliner – Comfortable Lift Recliner For Hip Problems
- The material of this recliner is made up of high-quality faux leather that ensures superior comfort.
- It has eight vibrating points around the body, including one lumbar heating point that relieves hip pain by removing all the pressure.
- This lift recliner features a counterbalanced lifting mechanism with an actuator that is TUV certified, allowing the user to stand after sitting comfortably.
- The reclining and lift feature is very smooth and easy to control with the touch of two buttons on the new design remote.
- It comes with a USB charging port, cup holders and is easy to assemble.
What We Think About this Product
Overview: The Mcombo power lift recliner is not only meant to be a sitting option in your home, but this recliner chair is also ideal for those suffering from hip pain. As a massage recliner for hip pain, it provides comfort by using eight different vibrating points throughout your whole body. This relieves pressure from nerves traveling from your back to your buttocks, preventing hip pain.
A counter-balanced lift mechanism in this recliner with a TUV-certified actuator allows you to rise from a sitting to a stand without putting pressure on your hips. You can also adjust reclining positions according to your comfort level.
This hip pain recliner chair comes with remote control with easy-to-use buttons that make it easy and convenient to control the reclining and lift features.
Final Thoughts: Aside from being extremely comfortable, this hip pain recliner is also very cozy, as its high-quality faux leather gives it a luxurious feel. This recliner is not only comfortable and high-quality but also durable and easy to maintain. This is because the quality faux leather in which it is upholstered is very durable and can be wiped clean with a dry cloth.
5. CANMOV Recliner Chair – Perfect Seat support for aligning Hip Region
- The recliner chair is upholstered with high-quality faux leather with a high durability level.
- It features high-density foam that will provide outmost relaxation for the neck, back, and hip.
- This reclining chair has two overstuffed pillows, which provide maximum support for the neck and lumbar region as the user relaxes.
- It offers a smooth reclining mechanism that promotes ideal postures for your body and prevents hip pain.
- There is high-quality foam in the footrest of this recliner to soothe your muscles and provide stability.
What We Think About This Product
Overview: Looking for a recliner chair made for relaxing? This recliner chair is what you should opt for. Significantly, those who suffer from hip pain. The two overstuffed pillows on this reclining chair provide maximum comfort from the neck to the buttock area, relieving pressure from both hips.
For comfort, it has high-density foams and a LVL system, which supports the lumbar spine and the hip region, helping you sit in the proper position to prevent hip pain.
In addition to comfort, this recliner also includes a smooth reclining mechanism. Its reclining mechanism has a sturdy and robust structure that provides an ideal position for reclining.
Its footrest might also be on your mind. The leg rest also contains comfortable and high-density forms, providing comfort for your legs.
Final Thoughts: In general, it is a suitable option to treat hip pain. Thanks to its design and structure, you are going to love it.
6. Comhoma Recliner chair With Heat Message – Perfect recliner For Relieving Hip Pressure
- This recliner chair is furnished with high-quality comhoma leather with high resilience and endurance.
- This reclining chair has extra thick sponge padding and a sturdy metal frame for added comfort while relaxing your soul and soothing your hip pain.
- The chair has smooth movements, including rocking, reclining, and swiveling, suitable for people with hip pain.
- This recliner comes with a heating and message feature that is also a plus point for soothing your hip pain and other muscles.
- The recliner also features storage bags on the side and an armrest with drink holders.
What We Know About This Product
Overview: While searching for a recliner to get instant relief from your hip pain. The Comhoma recliner chair for hip pain is another good option for getting out of your perplexity. This recliner looks charming and has very effective results in relaxing your hip muscles and maintaining an ideal position for your overall body.
Additionally, this recliner chair is upholstered with durable leather. It includes a thick, comfortable sponge padding at the back that helps to re-energize your muscles, especially your hip muscles.
Alongside, It includes lumbar heating and message features that can massage your back muscles from the neck region to the buttock area and alleviate pressure and give comfort to your hips. An easy-to-use remote controller comes with this recliner to control heat and massage features.
When it comes to the reclining mechanism, it is very smooth, which you can adjust it according to the way you like it to recline that is straight or reclined. Along with reclining, it comes with swivel and rocking movements that are also beneficial in getting instant results for your hip muscles to be free from pain.
Final Thoughts: In view of the range of motion, comfort, and mechanics of this recliner, it would be a good fit.
7. Best Choice Products Electric Massage Recliner – Best Recliner with ottoman for hip problem
- This chair is made from high-quality faux leather that is very durable and eases hip pain.
- This chair has a reclining and swiveling function that is very smooth and relieves hip pain without requiring much effort.
- It comes with a heat and massage feature that solaces your soul while relieving hip pain
- This recliner includes high-quality cushions and double-padded backrests, which are blissful for relaxing and relieving hip pain.
- It has a wireless remote for changing between the different messages to lighten your hip pain.
- There is an ottoman rather than a footrest, making it unique and comfortable.
What We Know About This Product
Overview: We include this model in our list of best recliners for hip pain because it contains thick and double-padded backrests, which comfortably support you. It comes with thick padding, but it also has high-quality cushions that support your back and relieves hip pain.
It comes with an ottoman instead of a footrest, making this recliner different from the rest of the chairs. This ottoman allows you to adjust in any position you desire, giving you the correct seating posture and comfort for your leg muscles and hip muscles.
Furthermore, it has heating and message features that are also the cherry on top for relieving hip pain.
Final Thoughts: Aside from relieving hip pain, this recliner’s unique and sturdy design makes it highly durable and long-lasting, making it an excellent choice.
Hip Pain Recliners – (Buyer’s Guide)
We are going to share with you some helpful information about what you need to know before purchasing the ideal recliner to ease hip pain, but before we do that, you need to understand the following factors to make yourself as pain-free and tension-free as possible.
- Recliners are not just comfortable, but they also prevent muscle strains from sitting on them for a long time. When you are fully reclined, your muscles are less likely to tense up, and you are less likely to strain.
- Recliners are also more “flexible” than traditional chairs, preventing your body from being locked into a fixed position for long periods of time. This can reduce the strain on your back and hips.
- Recliners can also prevent you from sitting in an awkward position. When you sit in a traditional chair, your knees are usually in front of your hips. If you are suffering from hip pain, you will find it hard to relax and enjoy the rest of the time.
- Recliners relieve pressure on the hips because they can raise the legs above the heart level, which also helps in proper blood circulation.
With all of the benefits that recliners can provide, it is essential to know which recliner is best for you. So following are the things you should not compromise on if you want quality sitting with maximum support,
Design Of The Backrest And Seat
It is important to select a reclining chair with a good backrest with great and supportive lumbar support ideal in an ergonomic reclining chair to prevent hip pain.
You can improve your posture and prevent hip pain if you use a recliner with excellent seat support. In addition, it can make it easier for your hips to be naturally aligned, which is very useful for maintaining optimal posture.
Comfort Level And Durability
The recliner you choose for your hip pain should be very comfortable and supportive because you will spend a lot of time sitting in it. In addition, the recliner should be built with durable and high-quality materials, which can help you relax and have a more comfortable experience for years to come.
The Mechanism Of The Reclining Chair
An adjustable recliner is very helpful for people with hip pain or lower back problems. This is because the user can easily adjust the seat so that s/he can sit comfortably on it.
In addition, the reclining mechanism should be able to hold a substantial amount of weight over a long period of time. It also needs to be firm so that it moves smoothly and without any unwanted movements when you recline, and this might put pressure on your hip nerves and hip muscles.
Lastly, A Comfortable Footrest Or Extra Tool For Food Support(Ottoman)
Lastly, make sure your recliner has a soft leg rest before buying the recliner for hip issues. Footrests can be helpful in your lower extremities, especially for hip and back pain. Putting your feet on the footrest will help distribute your body’s weight across your lower extremities and provide more support.
Although some recliners do not have a footrest, it isn’t a big deal because they come with an ottoman that can replace it.
To choose the right extra tool, make sure that it provides the maximum amount of comfort for your legs to put on. By ensuring you have a suitable comfort level, your hips and back will be supported adequately. You won’t feel any pressure on them, and the blood circulation will be optimal.
Picking the best and most durable recliner for hip pain should not be a daunting task for you now as I have taken you from all the aspects of what you should look for before buying a recliner that suits and ease your hip ache.
Indeed, choosing the right recliner from our list of top 7 recliners for hip problems will ensure maximum results, but it also depends on how you want to relax. Suppose you want a comfortable massage recliner for hip pain with lumbar heating. In that case, I recommend that you purchase the Esright massage recliner, as it checks all the boxes, including the feature of support for your optimal posture and the massage and lumbar heating feature.
To be honest, I would recommend our top pick Signature Design by Ashley Power Lift Recliner to you. This is because the company is highly conscientious about its customers, and they have designed this chair to give you the most support for your body. What makes this chair different from others is its lift mechanism. The lift feature makes it handy for hip pain sufferers because it allows you to stand from sitting, relieving unnecessary pressure caused by unnatural movements.
How Do You Sit In A Recliner With Hip Pain?
If you have hip pain, sit in a comfortable recliner that supports your back the best. It is possible to recline and raise your legs above the heart to maintain proper blood circulation and relieve pressure from the hips and overall body.
How Can A Recliner Prevent Hip Pain?
There aren’t all recliners designed to support your hips and buttocks in a way that is good for your hip pain, so it’s essential to consider the recliner that falls in the condition mentioned in our buying guide. When you recline, most of your body weight goes from your buttocks and hips to the overall body, which relieves pressure from your knees and lower back.
How Should I Sit To Avoid Hip Pain?
To avoid hip pain while sitting, you should choose a chair that conforms to your back and hip regions. You need to ensure your seat is the right size for your body, not too big or too small. This will ensure you are not put under pressure during sudden movements that can stress your hip region.
Is Reclining Bad For Your Hips?
According to WebMD, reclining at 135 degrees can relieve lower back and upper back pain. Moreover, buying a comfortable recliner is helpful since it will help you maintain an ideal body posture by aligning your hips. Sitting for a long time is detrimental for those who lead sedentary lifestyles, and this is because our bodies are designed to be active, and we need frequent breaks and stretching between sitting sessions.
How To Make Recliners More Comfortable To Ease Hip Pain?
If you need additional support and comfort to avoid hip pain, use pillows or cushions to prevent compressing your lower back and hips when sitting in a recliner. You can also use a lumbar support pillow for your lower back and a neck pillow for your upper back and neck.